Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

So MMO-Champion, one of the most read WoW websites, posts a couple of gold-making strategy guides and there’s considerable concern from many in the AH community that are worried about the resulting crash of several markets. At least there should be some new players on the scene, right? I can only speak for my server, but I haven’t seen much change. Eternals have been a little high for about a week (7g for earth, 6g for water and shadow) but saronite still dips into a good sub-15g area often enough that I haven’t had any slowdown. Belt buckles still sell. So do epic gems. Granted, I’m not in the herb or glyph markets, so I can’t really speak to how those are looking at the moment, and yes, enchanting mats have dipped a little, but the world isn’t coming to an end or anything.

PvP rare gems apparently sell on my server. I’ve been wondering what to do with them, so I ran into Wintergrasp and bought up a few recipes, cut a small sample of gems and tossed em up. Not everything sold, but considering the stacks of blue gems I’ve been sitting on, it was nice to see some of them turned into cash.

856g yesterday with another 407g in overnight sales gave me my first 1000g day. How’d I celebrate? I bought eternal earth, water, and saronite ore and bars. Shadow is still high, but I have a ton of green gems to turn into jewelry and poof tonight and I’m still researching a few rare gem cuts. (There really just isn’t anything to do with forest emeralds, is there?) My total before my purchases was 5758g. I’m closing in on that last 4k I need to buy the druid epic flight and cold weather flying (he’s 71 now) to really make leveling him speed right up. The biggest test yet will be whether or not I can keep myself from breaking into the gold stash early to get him moving. I mean, there’s nothing wrong with it, I just lose a bit of my liquid assets and have to slow down a bit for a little while. But I really think I can rebuild faster the second time around and should be making good money again quickly, especially as quest money and drops roll in to supplement my AH work.  Also, what’s the point of making all the money if you don’t use it for something? I’m never going to hit 214k. I just want to be comfortable that I can buy what I need (not necessarily everything I want) and at the end of the day, I’m learning to enjoy the AH as a new part of the game.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarainy said...

Your servers prices are better than mine, with 10g for eternal earth and 20g saronite stacks (at full price) yet I also didn't see any noticeable increase in prices - or fall in DE mat prics.

I guess you can lead a noob to water, but you can't make him drink!

September 30, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home